Patrick and Molly Byrne
Selected as 2018 Dublin Irish Festival
BYRNES TO LEAD THE 31ST DUBLIN IRISH FESTIVAL
- The Dublin Irish Festival is excited to announce the selection of long-time Festival supporters Patrick and Molly Byrne as 2018 Honorary Chairs.
- Former Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, Mayor Greg Peterson, and City Manager Dana McDaniel, selected the Byrnes as Honorary Chairs in recognition of their support and dedication to the Festival since its early years.
- In this role, the Byrnes will preside over festivities surrounding the 31st Dublin Irish Festival, Aug. 3, 4 & 5, 2018. They will also serve as ambassadors and spokespersons for the Festival year-round.
- In addition, other official roles include starting the IGS Energy 5K and Kids Fun Run/Walk at the Dub Crawl, opening the Festival, throwing the first dart in the annual Dart Competition, judging several Irish contests and leading the Festival Finale.
- Irish through and through, the Byrnes have been active in several capacities with the Dublin Irish Festival for nearly 20 years. They have served as members and chairs of various committees and have been supporters of the Celtic Rock Club since its inception. Pat has been a member of the Entertainment committee helping recommend bands and has served as Stage Manager of the Guinness Celtic Rock Stage. Molly has also served as a co-chair of the Sports committee and was instrumental in bringing Irish sports, including boxing, to the Festival. In addition, she has served as a Stage Manager of the Guinness Celtic Rock Stage.
- Owners of Byrne’s Pub in Grandview, the Byrnes are active in the central Ohio Irish community, especially with the Shamrock Club where each has served as president. In addition, they are members and supporters of the Ancient Order of the Hibernians, Daughters of Erin and Clann na Gael.
- The Byrnes led the efforts to reduce the incidence of drunk driving through the Central Ohio Safe Ride. They are active supporters of “Get Behind the Badge-Helping Our First Responders” which provided financial assistance to the families of law enforcement and firefighter personnel who have been killed or wounded on or off duty.
- The Byrnes have six children and six grandchildren.
- Pat and Molly Byrne join a prestigious group of past Irish Festival Honorary Chairs, including Denny Lynch of Wendy’s International (1997); Terry O’Connell of Time Warner Communications (1998); Terry Tindel, formerly with Verizon Wireless (1999); Mike Kelty of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (2000); Ron Geese of Continental Office Environments (2001); Don Hunter of Duke Realty Corporation (2002); Dave D’Antoni of Ashland, Inc (2003); Mike Kehoe of AT&T (2004); Tom Thon of Clear Channel Columbus Radio (2005); Cheryl Herbert of Dublin Methodist Hospital/OhioHealth (2006); Dan Sullivan of the Memorial Tournament (2007); John Fleming of Superior Beverage Group (2008); Frank Willson of WBNS 10TV (2009); Randy Hicks of Bob Evans (2010); Jim and Leslie Finn (2011); Scott White of IGS Energy (2012); and Frank Slavik of Tim Hortons (2013); Brian Ferrier of Giant Eagle, Inc. (2014); Pete Fingerhut of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (2015); Ed Gaughan of the County Mayo Corporation (2016) and Kitty Munger, Wendy’s franchise association (2017).
- For more information on the 2018 Dublin Irish Festival, visit dublinirishfestival.org.
Quote: We have always been proud to be part of central Ohio’s great Irish community. The City of Dublin, through the Irish Festival, has provided us, and our families, with many rewarding opportunities to express and celebrate our Irish heritage. To be recognized in such a distinctive way, by the Festival that has meant so much to us, gives us a sense of pride and warmth that is very hard to articulate. We appreciate this opportunity and look forward with great excitement to being representatives of our Irish heritage, the City of Dublin and the Dublin Irish Festival.
Pat and Molly Byrne 2018 Dublin Irish Festival Honorary Chairs